Aren’t there other tools in the market that already do this? What makes this special?
Having researched all of the sustainability related indices from around the world over a considerable period, we found that many were either: a private sustainability index developed by a buying organisation for their own purposes, therefore detail was not readily available to those outside of the organisation; or they were an index that addressed just one element of the sustainability, such as carbon emissions / energy usage or at social factors in low cost sourcing environments. CIPS Sustainability Index is the only sustainability tool available offering:
- Independence: It is the CIPS UK sustainability index developed to support and encourage best practice in the procurement and supply profession
- Academic underpinning: The CIPS Sustainability Index has been developed in conjunction with the University of the West England (“UWE”) to bring academic rigour to its design, methodology and all of its operational elements
- Reach: The CIPS Sustainability Index enables buyers to obtain a credible view of the sustainability all their suppliers, irrespective of size or sector and enables suppliers to provide their credentials to buyers in a consistent way.
- Breadth: CIPS Sustainability Index is comprehensive – covering all three sustainability pillars – economic, social and environmental
- Benchmarking: The ability for buyers and suppliers to benchmark scores against their industry peers.
- Risk Management: The ability for buying organisations to identify areas of potential risk as a result of suppliers scoring below average in elements of a sustainability pillar that they consider important for their business reputation or continuity.
- Continuous Improvement: The ability for suppliers to identify areas where they are below their industry peers and get on-line advice on what they might consider to effect an improvement..
- Affordability: CIPS Sustainability Index is priced to deliver value to buyers and suppliers at affordable prices